|Job Title||Warehouse Lead|
|Location||Norfolk, VA - Hampton|
At Lineage Logistics, our six values help guide how we behave and define what we hold most important: Safe, Trust, Respect, Innovation, Bold, Servant Leadership. We all play a position that is key to the company’s success. Join our Warehousing team that is growing both domestically and internationally.
We’re currently seeking a Warehouse Lead to join the team. As the Warehouse Lead, you will assist in ensuring all functions of the warehouse are completed in collaboration with the Warehouse Supervisor and Warehouse Manager. Additionally, you will assign work to warehouse associates to ensure company and customer standards of service, quality, safety, and productivity are met.
Responsibilities of the Warehouse Lead:
- Assign work to warehouse associates within the designated area
- Communicate with cross-functional teams including maintenance, customer service, and transportation
- Lead, direct, build and maintain morale within the assigned team as well as assist in training new employees
- Work with supervisors, management and warehouse personnel to continually develop operational improvements and training modifications as needed
- Document and maintain paperwork related to personnel records, inventory records, safety records, etc.
- Report defective or damaged products and follow up with appropriate corrective action in a timely manner
- Perform warehouse associate responsibilities as needed including loading and unloading, forklift operation, product relocation, etc.
- Perform and document daily inspections including equipment inspections and inbound/outbound trailer inspections
- Audit inbound/outbound shipments for compliance, and report quantity variances and quality issues where applicable
- Comply with all OSHA and company safety standards, policies and procedures
- Comply with all HACCP guidelines and control points
Required Qualifications of the Warehouse Lead:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3+ years of experience in a warehouse, logistics, or supply chain environment experience
- Previous Warehouse Management System (WMS) experience
- Cold storage warehouse with temperatures between -10 and 34 degrees
- Appropriate work gear will be provided
- Warehouse bays are kept at 32 degrees (and below zero in certain areas)
- Ability to withstand cold storage temperatures for extended periods of time (warm gear provided by company)
- Noise level varies at times and it can be loud
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. Like being with friends, we understand respect and care about our team members. We believe in keeping you informed whether it’s at our daily start-up shift meetings, or our annual team member opinion survey - we want our team together and aligned.
About Lineage Logistics
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent Health and Dental benefits, 401K, and Paid Time Off and Sick Days.