|Job Title||Warehouse Supervisor|
|Location||Conklin, NY - Darden Way|
At Lineage Logistics, our six values help guide how we behave and define what we hold most important: Safe, Trust, Respect, Innovation, Bold, Servant Leadership. We all play a position that is key to the company’s success. Join our Warehouse team that is growing both domestically and internationally.
As our Warehouse Supervisor, you will be responsible for planning, assigning, and directing work as well as training team members. Additionally, you will ensure operations and responsibilities are carried out in accordance with Lineage’s policies, procedures, and applicable laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Advises employees on care and preservation of items received, stored, and shipped.
- Communicates and demonstrates methods and use of equipment in handling, storing, maintaining, and shipping stock.
- Verifies not in stock in areas of freezers and coolers.
- Reviews records for accuracy of information and compliance with established procedures, and to determine adequacy of stock levels.
- Issues written and oral instructions and provides coaching where there are methods or procedural issues.
- Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of employees.
- Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances.
- Adjusts errors and resolves complaints.
- Ensures reduction in error rates.
- Replenishes product in specified locations.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Manages department personnel including but not limited to interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's degree with a minimum of two (2) years' experience in warehouse operations or related role with a minimum of one (1) year in a supervisory capacity; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Food industry experience preferred.
- Cold storage warehouse with temperatures between -10 and 34 degrees
- Appropriate work gear will be provided
- Warehouse bays are kept at 32 degrees (and below zero in certain areas)
- Ability to withstand cold storage temperatures for extended periods of time (warm gear provided by company)
- Noise level varies at times and it can be loud
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. Like being with friends, we understand respect and care about our team members. We believe in keeping you informed whether it’s at our daily start-up shift meetings, or our annual team member opinion survey - we want our team together and aligned.
About Lineage Logistics
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent Health and Dental benefits, 401K, and Paid Time Off and Sick Days.