|Job Title||Transportation Supervisor|
Lineage Foodservice Solutions (LFS) is a new division of Lineage Logistics, the world's largest temperature-controlled logistics company.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Transportation Supervisor provides day to day oversight within the Transportation department within the position's specified territory by reviewing performance, ensuring compliance, and resolving driver issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee, evaluate, and ensure ELD performance working with ELD Coordinator to resolve issues.
- Communicate, review, and ensure DOT compliance. Ensure logs are up to date for Driver review.
- Resolve Driver issues and needs, on and off the road.
- Review backhaul assignments and make necessary adjustment to routing or delivery.
- Coordinate time off requests with appropriate management personnel.
- Ensure drivers banking and documentation are completed accurately on a daily basis.
- Work with Logistics to establish efficient routing.
- Review communication log and address open issues on a daily basis.
- Analyze driver performance and provide recommendations to appropriate personnel.
- Depending upon the assigned territory, this role may be required to fill in as a Driver when needed.
- Assists the Transportation Manager with carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws, including directing the work of Dispatchers and addressing and resolving department personnel issues.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, and SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the qualifications, knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Demonstrated organizational skills. Ability to work with minimal supervision. Attention to detail and accuracy with commitment to meeting deadlines. Should possess good computer skills including MS Office Suite, scheduling software, routing software and SAP software. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Possess knowledge of driver safety and DOT compliance requirements. Ability to motivate and develop employees.
Applicant must have scheduling flexibility depending on business needs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associate's degree with a minimum of two (2) years' experience in transportation or related role with a minimum of one (1) year in a supervisory capacity; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Food industry experience preferred.
Depends on Division size on who if there are Direct Reports.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to walk, use hands and fingers, handle objects or controls, talk and hear, stand, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee may be required to travel and will be exposed to normal driving conditions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers' requirements. Beyond that, you'll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We'll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. Like being with friends, we understand respect and care about our team members.
About Lineage Logistics
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation's food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent Health and Dental benefits, 401K, and Paid Time Off and Sick Days.
If you're looking for challenge, growth, and genuine job satisfaction, then look to LFS!