|Job Title||Logistics Supervisor|
|Location||New Orleans, LA - Terminal (Henry Clay) - PRW|
At Lineage Logistics, our six values help guide how we behave and define what we hold most important: Safe, Trust, Respect, Innovation, Bold, Servant Leadership. We all play a position that is key to the company’s success. Join our Operations team that is growing both domestically and internationally.
We are currently seeking a Logistics Supervisor to join the team. As our Logistics Supervisor, you will be responsible for supervision of the dispatch functions of Lineage’s Fleet. This includes direct and indirect supervision of the dispatch team, the drivers and responsibility over the fleet. Additionally, the Logistics Supervisor will develop and monitor fleet efficiencies and innovative way to improve operations and driver performance.
Responsibilities of the Logistics Supervisor:
- Supervise a team of 5 to 10 direct reports
- Oversee and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties
- Complete performance reviews and provides feedback to direct reports
- Monitor loads dispatched to drivers and work with Dispatch throughout the week to increase productivity
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship with all drivers
- Ensure drivers and trucks are being utilized for full days and full week
- Ensure equipment is in working order and compliant, and manage inspections and repairs of all equipment
- Monitor productivity, service, and safety for operation
- Enforce all company, FMCSR, DOT policies, rules, regulations and laws
- Identify and develop efficiencies regarding hauling extra weight, coordinating dual transaction opportunities, conserving fuel, reducing idle time, etc. by utilizing available technology
- Interview and hire staff and drivers, including owner operators
- Train staff and drivers on existing and new technologies
- Organize and schedule all necessary resources required to accomplish activities
- Develop, maintain and update all critical job relevant SOPs
- Collaborate with cross functional supply chain leaders to resolve issues and provide logistics related solutions
- Monitor and manage Key Performance Indicators and cost factors impacting operational effectiveness
Required Qualifications of the Logistics Supervisor:
- 2+ years’ experience in a dispatching/ fleet management role
- Ability to perform analytical fleet evaluations and multi-task across multiple activities
- Highly motivated to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and supervisory skills
- Well versed in Microsoft office suite of products
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. Like being with friends, we understand respect and care about our team members. We believe in keeping you informed whether it’s at our daily start-up shift meetings, or our annual team member opinion survey - we want our team together and aligned.
About Lineage Logistics
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent Health and Dental benefits, 401K, and Paid Time Off and Sick Days.