|Job Title||Field Office Operations Manager|
|Reports to||Field Operations Business Partner|
The Field Office Operations Manager is responsible for the delivery of outstanding quality service at all facility office operations. This includes training, accuracy, efficiencies, and customer service to deliver a positive customer experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The subject matter expert on all customer processes including initial customer set-up, billing, customer requirements and reporting.
- Analyze and organize consistent workflow efficiencies in office job functions.
- Ensure that best practices created by the Corporate Office Team are followed among the facilities.
- Monitor A/R reports and assist facilities and the New Business Coordinator with collections in working with customers and the accounting function escalating when required. Monitor for A/R trends causing aged receivables, review and follow up on Collection Plans with facilities.
- Work closely with regional and home office human resources for facilities that do not have dedicated HR to ensure the hiring process is handled appropriately.
- Communicate all standard procedures and processes on handling customer requirements and ensure they are consistently executed at the facility level.
- Work closely with all Office Managers to manage and control accounts receivables, overtime, revenue to labor and controllable expenses.
- Work closely with all Office Managers to coach, train and develop the Customer Service Representative (CSR) staff.
- Perform annual and quarterly office audits to ensure that our rates are accurately in the system, all special charges are billed, inbound and outbound procedures are complete, and pallet accounting is accurate.
- Act as an escalation point for Office Managers for all customer service issues that are not able to be resolved at the facility level.
- Review and approve all customer profiles to ensure rates are set-up correctly and all CSRs understand the requirements for each specific customer. Work closely with customers, IT, Sales and other functions to ensure all customer start-ups, conversions, or reviews are handled correctly.
- Participate in weekly/monthly customer action plans.
- Visit facilities in the region at least once per quarter.
- Participates in weekly department conference calls and addresses key issues.
- Assists with training inventory control, traffic and other functions as required.
This job has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but is the indirect supervisor for each Office Manager in their region as well as the primary subject matter expert in facility level customer service delivery.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, operating manuals, technical procedures, or safety regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ability to work with warehouse management system and is proficient in Windows operating system and in Microsoft office applications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee must be able to travel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors, and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. The Company reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or the work environment change.