|Job Title||Refrigeration Lead Technician|
|Location||Louisville, KY - Winstead|
About Lineage Logistics:
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.
Lineage is currently searching for a Refrigeration Lead Technician to join our growing team. The Refrigeration Lead Technician is responsible for maintaining, operating, inspecting, and repairing various types of ammonia refrigeration equipment. This position performs preventative and predictive maintenance as directed by direct Supervisor, verifies that all equipment is operating within the manufacturer’s specifications and tolerances through periodic testing and inspections.
- Perform PM maintenance and repairs as directed by the direct Supervisor on refrigeration equipment such as compressors, condensers, evaporators, pumps, valves, among others.
- Replacement of defective mechanical and manual valves
- Control the equipment set points to accommodate the needs of our customers and maintain the integrity of their product.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Maintain control of the water treatment system and associated chemicals
- Remove and install 3 phase motors
- Remove ice buildup from evaporator drain pans, investigate the cause and correct the problem
- Work in motor room, freezer, and blast cell areas
- Drain oil from ammonia system
- Fill out daily CMMS reports as directed by direct Supervisor
- Perform motor alignments by use of dial caliper indicators
- Compressor and pump shaft seal replacements
- Work directly with all refrigeration contractors, electricians, and pipe fitters when they are working on the ammonia refrigeration system to ensure that they are following all of the company safety policies and meeting work standards.
- Inspect ammonia detection system
- Ensure that all ammonia system safeguards are functioning properly at all times
- Check integrity and tolerances by the use of a micrometer
- Must be able to read and interpret P& ID drawings, blueprints and schematics
- Basic electrical experience and troubleshooting with 480V, 277V, and 115V.
- Ability to write SOPs, pump down procedures, LOTO procedures.
- Monitor fire safety systems.
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned by direct Supervisor
- Employee must successfully complete Refrigeration Operator I & II training course
- Minimum of 3 years of ammonia refrigeration experience
- Interest and ability to obtain a CARO/CIRO certification through RETA.
- General knowledge of various types of mechanical equipment
- Able to successfully complete 24 hour emergency training.
- Must have general knowledge of PSM/RMP and other OSHA /EPA programs.
- Strong communication skills and strong team player
- Welding experience helpful
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and shifts
- Must be willing to respond to after hour emergencies, be on call.
- Train other mechanics in refrigeration tasks