|Job Title||Logistics Specialist|
|Location||San Leandro, CA (WHS)|
Lineage is searching for an International Logistics Specialist/Harbor Dispatcher to join our growing Team! The Specialist is responsible for routing customer freight on and off contracted carrier equipment. You will plan, secure and tender loads according to production and receiving schedules while meeting customer demand. Your organizational skills and effectiveness at planning loads will ensure timely deliveries and provide excellent economic returns. You will provide transportation services to our internal and external customers with the highest degree of efficiency, effectiveness and professionalism.
As the ideal candidate, you are self-motivated and take personal pride in your work. You will also have excellent communication/customer service skills as well as solid problem solving abilities. Your will need to be organized, detailed, and comfortable working on a phone and computer throughout the day.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinate import, export, and cross dock shipments with carriers or drivers, warehouses and/or 3rd parties.
- Create a daily dispatch plan on all shipments to avoid rail / port demurrage, container per diem, and ensuring optimum driver/unit utilization and performance in generating revenue.
- Assist in the recruitment efforts of company drivers and owner operators
- Make freight delivery appointments, as required
- Make sure all paperwork is handled timely and correctly;
- Track and trace shipments to ensure on-time delivery or arrange pickup.
- Arranging export/import shipments, checking ETA, LFD, ERD and Cut offs.
- Perform administrative functions necessary in the daily operations.
- Provide excellent customer service to our customers.
- Communicate, negotiate and manage vendor carriers. This will include qualifying new carriers using company provided criteria.
- Work with loading facilities, carrier and customer to resolve shipment issues.
- Port dispatching and harbor drayage experience preferred.
- Excellent phone etiquette and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Social Skills, good interpersonal/team player attributes. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic, attention to detail and strong follow through.
- Work well in a fast paced environment while under pressure, able to multi-task and stay organized.
- Computer skills, TMS software (Internet tender process), OS&D system, (Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Proven ability to use basic mathematical skills.
- Available to work occasional to frequent overtime.
- Dedicated, proactive customer service approach to this position is a must.
- College degree and industry experience are preferred.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent benefits, 401K, and Paid time off.
Successful candidates will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment drug screen and background check.
About Lineage Logistics:
Lineage Logistics is the largest temperature-controlled warehousing and logistics company in the world. With one of the largest facility networks in the United States, Lineage is built to deliver sophisticated, customized and dependable solutions to the food, retail, agriculture and distribution industries nationwide. However, it is the people of Lineage Logistics that set it apart – people who are creative, dedicated to getting the job done, and absolutely committed to customer service.