|Job Title||Sales Manager|
At Lineage Logistics, our six values help guide how we behave and define what we hold most important: Safe, Trust, Respect, Innovation, Bold, Servant Leadership. Join our domestically and internationally growing Management team, where we all play a position that is key to the company’s success!
We’re currently seeking a Sales Manager to join our team. As the Sales Manager, you will be responsible for leading and executing the development and performance of all commercial activities in the local market to meet growth and profit targets. Additionally, you will develop strategies and establish plans to expand the customer base in the local market area. Lastly, you will participate in the development of training and educational programs for clients and prospects.
Responsibilities of the Sales Manager:
- Work collaboratively with site General Manager to develop local market commercial strategies and business plans to meet sales and capacity goals and profitability targets
- Partners with General Manager of assigned site(s) to meet revenue and profit objectives; co-owns P&L
- Work with GM and functional support team to drive continuous operational improvement
- Demonstrate intense customer focus for both local and Global accounts; build local customer relationships
- Select, train, develop, lead and motivate customer service team; provide world-class customer service
- Ensure timely collection of accounts receivable
- Devise targeted action plans to generate new sales leads and prospects within the market
- Create and deliver compelling proposal presentations and RFP (rate quote) responses that identify and resolve prospective client’s business challenges
- Understand entire suite of company’s service offerings; utilize to maximize sales opportunities during customer solutioning
- Team sell entire Lineage network and suite of services with other Sales Managers and Global Account team
- Maintain KPI’s and reports to provide sales performance updates to Senior Management
- Develop and maintain accurate records of all pricing, sales, and activity reports to achieve maximum profit margin
- Manage budget and control expenses to ensure compliance with targets and guidelines
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics, ensure that they are communicated and implemented within the team
Required Qualifications of the Sales Manager:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience)
- 3-5+ years of experience in sales and/or sales management
- Previous experience prospecting, selling and closing new business
- Previous experience in all aspects of Supplier Relationship Management
Preferred Qualifications of the Sales Manager:
- Previous food logistics experience, industry knowledge and established client relationships
- If not food, general logistics experience
- Previous port-based and import/export experience
- Previous experience with CRM tools (i.e. Salesforce, Zoho CRM, Hubspot)
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role leads to greater responsibility and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a role each and every day to satisfy our customers’ requirements. Beyond that, you’ll help us grow and learn as we continue on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We’ll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you challenged and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and fun. We value respect and care about our team members. We believe in keeping you informed whether it’s at our daily start of shift meetings, or our annual team member opinion survey - we are committing to having our team together and aligned.
About Lineage Logistics
Lineage Logistics is a warehousing and logistics partner committed to delivering sophisticated, customized, and dependable cold chain solutions to leading food, retail, agriculture and distribution companies. We serve customers who put a premium on excellence and reliability to ensure our nation’s food supply is handled, stored and delivered safely and securely through the entire supply chain.